Friday, October 07, 2005

An alt (ermerging??) to do list

Blatently nicked from one of my vicars, Rev Andrew Marsden, but i liked it, so thought I'd pass it on.

All of us, at sometime, will make 'to do lists,' be it written on a bit of paper, filed in outlook, or just a mental summary of the tasks approaching in the day ahead.

When Jesus summed up the greatest commandment, he said this, "Love the Lord your God, with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. Love your neighbour as you love yourself."

Interestingly, he didn't seem to say ' go and accomplish lots, finish the filing, make sure the house is tidy, and everything is in order and then love the Lord your God..."

Would it make a change to the world, and to how people experienced Christians and Christianity, if our thoughts at the start of each day were not focussed around the tasks we all have in our busy busy lives; would it make a change if instead of starting the day with a 'to do' list, we started with a 'to love,' list?
How can I love God with all my heart, soul, might and strength today?
How can I love those I encounter in such a way that expresses God's love?

2 Comments:

Blogger simo said...

Well nicked! You could always do a slot on thought for the day on Radio 2 once you've moved on to pastures new

2:33 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Erm. Radio 2? Umm. Yeah. Still don't consider myself quite middle-aged enough for that yet. Plus I'm holding out til I can get on radio 4, baby. (right hand of irony, and all that...)

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home