Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Know your Porpoise!

One of my Churches (how greedy does that sound!) is having a big push to follow 'purpose driven life,' from the end of September, including youth and Children, so I am dutifully getting to grips with it.

The premise is good - getting people to think about worship, fellowship, discipleship, mission - I'm just not convinced by the delivery so far. Or the theology. Or the exegisis. So far, I'm afraid it's getting a 3 /10. But then, I'm only on day three, so maybe things will get better.

The main problem I'm having at the moment is that every other word seems to be 'purpose,' and my eyes are tired, and I keep reading such gems as,

"knowing your porpoise gives meaning to your life!"
"knowing your porpoise simplifiesyour life!"
"knowing your porpoise focuses your life!"
"knowing your porpoise motivates your life!"
"knowing your porpoise prepares you for eternity!"

Motivationaly inspirational as it all sounds, i can't but wonder if substituting the word "Christ" for 'your purpose/porpoise' might not be more useful.

We'll see.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've set me off on a whole bunch of thinking and an imminent blog post contrasting the Purpoise led Church and the Tortoise led church!

Youthblog

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that our Saviour Tortoise that people often talk about?

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home