Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I've gone all ecclesiastes.

Apologies for those who found my last post on the scary side, and thanks to those who joined me in my cynicism!

I suppose I've been feeling that 'there is nothing new under the Sun,' and also, having a few moments of 'meaningless, meaningless, everything is meaningless.'

I can now say why I've been like this -and it goes into the 'everything has it's season' categry of Ecclesiastes. My season at my two Churches is coming to an end. My husband has landed a job in Glasgow, and at Easter I will be leaving to move up to be with him in Glasgow, and start a new life together. It's even possible that my season as a full time youthworker is coming to an end. So I'm excited for Colin, I'm excited for our future together, but I'm also very unsure about what I'm going to end up doing - and I'm feeling a bit scared, a bit unsettled, and quite cynical. It's probably a protective coating, but there you go.

2 Comments:

Blogger Roy said...

well I am going to stop being cynical if that sort of thing happens!!!

All the best to you on planning the future - sounds rather exciting.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it all goes well for you. We'd miss you at the next Matrix if you're no longer a youthworker.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home