Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Doing the Lambeth Walk

Well, I have finally gotten round to blogging about last weekend, which as weekends go was quite a good one.

Ian McDonald and myself took a group of young people from the diocese to Lambeth palace to meet the Archbishop and engage in some reflection around 'food for the journey;' looking at the place of the Bible and Holy Communion in your Christian journey.

Some of the highlights -
The presentations by the young people to the whole group after the discussions. They were so creative, profound and inspiring. It made me glad and lucky to be part of their journey.

The interaction between the young people and Rowan Williams. He was very approachable, easy to talk to, and was able to engage with them well. It was great to see how many of them gave spontaneous gifts at the end of their presentations, albeit in a very tongue in cheek way, but it was so comfortable, and not awkward in any way.

Getting to know the folks in out group - so encouraging to meet other young people with a vision and a passion from around the place. Also getting to know some other youthworkers, particularly a woman called Annie from Guilford dioscese. Her comittment, and her love were so tangible, I reckon her youth are really lucky!

On a personal note, the teaching worship and communion were deeply appreciated and needed by me. I have been feeling spiritually so dry recently, and I realised that I had not had a chance to be taught or worship in a context where I was not involved in some way since Easter day. I know this is a struggle for many youthworkers, and if any of you who drop by have any handy tips and hints, I'd be gald to hear them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home