Friday, May 06, 2005

Terrible thing, envy

Well, one of my young people has had their work experience confirmed, and I have to say, I am envious. She is a budding electronic engineer, and has landed a stint working at McLaren.

On the McLaren F1

HOW


COOL


IS THAT?


I have to say though, since she landed this, her popularity with boys in the youth group has risen exponentially, and I am very disappointed with their obvious shallowness and cynicism. I think I may have to do a session to combat this.
I am also concerned that the transition from school to the workplace could prove very stressful for the girl in question, and combined with her being a young female in a male dominated environment, I feel that perhaps I should arrange to visit her, just to show my support and pastoral care, and maybe see if I can wangle a test drive.
I am also thinking that it would be a positive step to campaign for a 'take your youth worker to your work experience day and let them tinker with interesting things and sit in and drive impossibly cool cars,' I can really see it taking off and being a valuable excercise.

Ok, Ok, I know, but a girl can dream, can't she?

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home